URP 283: Statistics for Planners- II
Number of Credit: 3.0; Contact Hour: 03 hours/week
Decision Making: Statistical inference: hypothesis testing, inference about means, standard deviations and proportions; analysis of variance; Chi-square test. Measurement scales. Nonparametric tests. Simple correlation and linear regression: Least-squares equation, goodness-of-fit criteria, standard errors, significance tests for coefficients. Simple curvilinear regression by variable transformation. Forecasting methods - Time series analysis, causal and probabilistic methods. Population forecasting methods: Arithmetic, geometric, decreasing rate of increase, logistic, ratio and correlation, trend projection and cohort survival.
- Mian, Md. and Miyan, M. Alimullah,(1984):An Introduction to Statistic: Ideal Library.
- Gupta, M. K. and Das gupta, Fundamentals of statistics.
- Statistical Techniques “Business of Economics” Douglas A. Lind, William G. Marchal, Samuel A. Wathen
- Forecasting Techniques for Urban and Regional Planning, Brian G. Field, Bryan D. MacGregor Hutchinson, London, 1987.
- Introduction to Econometrics (Third Edition) G.S. Maddala John Wiley & Sons, Ltd New York, 2005.
- An Introduction to Statistical Problem Solving in Geography J. Chapman McGrew, Jr. Charles B. Monroe Wm. C. Brown Publishers, USA, 1993.
- Statistics for Management (Seventh Edition) Richard I. Levin, David S. Rubin Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 1998.
- Teacher: Md. Rakibul Hasan Kauser